Confirmation will consist of around 8 weeks of classes intended to lead students into a clear understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. At the end of that time, each student will have an opportunity to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It is our hope and prayer that each of them will make that decision but no one will be forced to do so.
Confirmation Sunday will occur on Sunday, May 6th, at the 11 am service. This is a time for our congregation to celebrate their student’s commitments to “live as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ,” and to renew their commitment to do the same. We are trusting that it will be a very meaningful celebration.
- Classes will be held at Fusion on Sunday evenings, from 4:30-6pm. By meeting on Sunday evenings, Pastor Craig will be able to participate and will teach at least one class session. We will meet together with all Middle School Students (who have come for Youth Group) for games and snacks. When the time comes for small groups to begin, Confirmation students will break off into a separate group for their discussion. At around 6 pm, they are finished with class. They can be picked up then, or they can choose to stay for Youth Group Worship from around 6:10-6:30. They should be picked up around 6:30 or so.
- We are asking all Confirmation students and parents to come to a meeting from 4-4:30 on the first day of confirmation, February 18th. We will spend a few minutes going over the details and answering any questions that you might have.
- We are also working on an overnight retreat somewhere local. During this retreat, we will teach a couple of lessons, and also have fun and allow them time to strengthen their relationships with each other. Terry Tatum will attend part of this retreat and teach one lesson, and will be meeting with each student to discuss their faith decisions. We will let you know the actual date for the retreat soon.
February 18th, & 25th
March 4th, 11th
- No meetings on the 18th or 25th of March due to Spring Break
- No meeting on Easter Sunday, April 1st
April 8th, 15th, 22nd, & 29th
May 6th – Confirmation Sunday at 11 am at Transmitter Campus
Please contact Neal at 850-819-1013 if you have any questions.